Chocolate Brownies - Dessert
|Toasted walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Semisweet baking chocolate squares||4 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter sticks||1 Medium, cubed|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|The dry ingredients|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare a greased and parchment paper lined baking tin.
3. In a pan toast the walnuts for 5 minutes, set aside.
4. In a bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder, stir and set aside.
5. In a double boiler melt the chocolate, butter and coffee granules. Melt until smooth and glossy.
6. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool at room temperature. When cooled add the brown sugar and vanilla, stir until well combined.
7. Add the eggs one at a time to the chocolate mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined.
8. Add in the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, using a spatula stir until well combined.
9. Finally add the toasted walnuts and give it a last stir.
10. Pour the batter in the baking tin, spread it evenly and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
11. Once done remove and transfer the brownies on a cooling rack, allow it to cool for 10 minutes and then cut in the desired shape.
12. Serve along with milk, vanilla ice cream or hot chocolate sauce.
8 inch square baking tin
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 9 g44.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.2 mg27.7%
Sodium 101.1 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 30.2 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet