Salted Caramel Brownies
|White sugar||225 Gram (75 grams for caramel rest for brownie)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||185 Gram (10 grams for caramel and remaining for brownie)|
|Sea salt||2 Pinch|
|Dark chocolate||200 Gram, break in cubes|
|Brown sugar||150 Gram|
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a non-stick pan, heat sugar and allow to caramelize and turn the gently until it thickens.
3. Take the pan off the heat and stir quickly, add in cream and butter and stir.
4. Add in the salt and stir well to mix.
5. In a bowl, transfer the caramel and allow to hot, taste and add more salt if needed.
6. In a large saucepan over low heat add in the remaining butter, chocolate, both the sugars and allow the chocolate and butter to melt.
7. Add in flour and cocoa powder and stir well to mix, remove the pan off the heat.
8. Drop in the eggs 1 at a time and stir well after each addition.
9. Add in the chocolate chips and stir well until chocolate melts.
10. In a parchment lined baking tray, pour the chocolate mixture and tap the tray to flatten.
11. Drop the dollops of caramel all over the chocolate mixture and using knife swirl to make different patterns.
12. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust forms on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
13. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
14. Cut in squares and serve.
If the caramel gets firm, heat it in microwave or double boiler to melt.
You can add in nuts or marshmallows in the batter before baking if desired.
Add more sea salt if desired.
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 64.3 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 32.8 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.8% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet