YUM! Who doesn't like dessert? Zuzu and I made a fantastically delicious dessert to share over at the Price Chopper Kids Cooking Club Kitchen. Take a peek....
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
Light brown sugar
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (softened)
1. Remove the wrappers from the caramel candies. Place the caramels in a glass dish and set aside.
2. Peel, core and dice the apples. Set aside.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, light brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla together until mixed well. Fold the apples into the mixture and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
1. Add the light cream to the caramels. Melt the caramels and cream together in the microwave on high for approximately one minute. Stir the caramels and cream together until it is mixed thoroughly. If the caramels need to be melted further, simply continue the melting process in the microwave for 30 second intervals.
2. Spread half of the apple dough mixture into the pan. Pour the caramel mixture to create the second layer and spread the remaining apple dough on top.
3. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Gooey Caramel Apple Brownies serve great alone or topped with vanilla ice cream.