Chocolate And Coffee Brownies
|Unsalted butter||1 Pound|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1 Pound|
|Bitter chocolate||6 Ounce|
|Instant coffee granules||3 Tablespoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C.
2. Butter and flour a 12 x 18 x 1 inch baking sheet. (I used the PAM vegetable spray with flour).
3. Melt together the butter, 1 pound of the chocolate chips, and the bitter chocolate in a medium bowl over simmering water.
4. Allow to cool slightly.
5. In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, coffee granules, vanilla, and sugar.
6. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow cooling to room temperature.
7. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 cup of flour, the baking powder and the salt.
8. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture.
9. Toss the walnuts, if using, and 12 ounces of chocolate chips in a medium bowl with ¼ cup flour, then add them to the chocolate batter.
10. Pour into the greased baking sheet.
11. Bake for 20 minutes, and then rap the baking sheet against the oven shelf to force the air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough.
12. Bake for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
13. Do not over bake.
14. Allow to cool completely, refrigerate and cut.
15. Serve cold or warm it up before serving.
Calories 619 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.1%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.4 mg41.8%
Sodium 268.6 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 39.3 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 0.36%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet