|Soft brown sugar||8 Ounce|
|Plain flour||3 Ounce|
|Cocoa||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, halved|
|Castor sugar||2 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) With greased paper, line the bottom of a 7-inch square tin and grease the sides.
3) Cream together the sugar and fat till the mixture is light and fluffy.
4) Beat in the eggs gradually.
5) Fold in the cocoa, sieved flour and baking powder. Then add the chopped walnuts and stir.
6) Pour the batter into the prepared tin and top with the walnut halves.
7) Bake in the center of the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, till the preparation is warm to touch.
8) While still warm, cut the brownies into squares.
9) Place the brownies on a serving plate and dust with castor sugar. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. These make a good dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3079 Calories from Fat 1576
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 183 g281.4%
Saturated Fat 72.1 g360.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 666.8 mg222.3%
Sodium 282.1 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 366 g122.1%
Dietary Fiber 23.8 g95%
Sugars 261.4 g
Protein 44 g88.4%
Vitamin A 66.9% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 36.5% Iron 64%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet