|Soft brown sugar||8 Ounce|
|Plain flour||3 Ounce|
|Cocoa||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, halved|
|Castor sugar||2 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) With greased paper, line the bottom of a 7-inch square tin and grease the sides.
3) Cream together the sugar and fat till the mixture is light and fluffy.
4) Beat in the eggs gradually.
5) Fold in the cocoa, sieved flour and baking powder. Then add the chopped walnuts and stir.
6) Pour the batter into the prepared tin and top with the walnut halves.
7) Bake in the center of the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, till the preparation is warm to touch.
8) While still warm, cut the brownies into squares.
9) Place the brownies on a serving plate and dust with castor sugar. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. These make a good dessert.