Date Nut Brownies
|Coffee/Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (boiling)|
|Pitted whole dates||4 Ounce, snipped for about 3/4 cup (1/2 of 8 ounce package)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Powdered sugar||To Taste (as needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 8x8x2-inch baking pan with butter; keep aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, place dates and pour boiling coffee on top; keep aside for cooling.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda.
5. When the date mixture is cooled down, add egg, oil and vanilla; mix well.
6. To the flour mixture, add walnuts and date mixture; stir well to combine.
7. Into the prepared pan, spread batter and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes until edges just start to shrink and pull away from sides of pan.
8. Remove pan to a wire rack and cool.
9. On top of Date Nut Brownies, sift powdered sugar and cut into bars.
10. Serve in individual dessert plates and top with a dollop of ice-cream.
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg8.8%
Sodium 78.1 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet