Almond Brittle Brownies
|Slivered almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||4 Ounce, cut up|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour a baking pan and set aside.
3. Line a baking sheet with a greased foil.
4. In a skillet, cook nuts over medium flame.
5. Add 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon butter. Mix until the sugar starts melting. Do not stir.
6. Reduce the flame and cook until the sugar turns golden brown. Use a wooden spoon to stir occasionally.
7. On the greased sheet, spread this batter and cool.
8. Upon cooling, transfer it in a heavy plastic bag and crush it coarsely using meat mallet.
9. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup sugar for making the crust. Beat with a mixer until well combined. Stir in 1 cup flour.
10. In the greased pan, transfer this mixture.
11. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
12. In a saucepan, melt 3/4 cup butter and chocolate on low flame.
13. Remove from heat and add 2 cups sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one by one and beat gently until combined. Add 1 1/2 cups flour.
14. Spread this mixture over the hot crust.
15. Bake 15 minutes.
16. Garnish with almond mixture and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes or until set.
17. Cool in pan.
18. Cut into bars and serve at once.
Calories 1004 Calories from Fat 492
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87%
Saturated Fat 32.8 g163.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 247.2 mg82.4%
Sodium 57.5 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 92.6 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 7% Iron 31.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet