Top of the World Brownies
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||3 Ounce, cut up|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped hazelnuts/Coarsely chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Filberts)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line the bottom and sides of a baking pan with greased foil and set aside for later use.
3. In a saucepan, heat butter and chocolate over low flame.
4. Remove from heat when they begin to melt.
5. Add 1 1/3 cups sugar and vanilla. Cool for about 5 minutes before adding eggs, one by one. Beat the mixture, until well combined.
6. Further, add flour and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and blend until combined.
7. In the greased pan, spread the batter evenly. Garnish using nuts and set aside.
8. In a bowl, use an electric mixer to beat egg whites, until soft peaks form.
9. Further, add 2/3 cup sugar, beating until mixture is very thick and sugar gets dissolved.
10. Upon reducing the flame, beat in 1 tablespoon cocoa powder. Meringue is ready.
11. Using a tablespoon, carefully top with meringue in 16 even mounds on top of brownie batter.
12. Space the mounds evenly, about 1/2 inch apart.
13. Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
14 Cool in pan on rack for at least 1 hour.
15. Use the foil to lift whole brownie from pan.
16. Cut into bars or triangles, each with a meringue mound.
17. Serve at once.