|Self raising flour||7 Ounce|
|Soft brown sugar||4 Ounce|
|Clear honey||6 Ounce|
|Blanched almond halves||2 Ounce|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease one 11x70inch Swiss roll tin. Use greased greaseproof paper or non-stick parchment to line it.
3) Sift together the salt and flour.
4) Into a pan, put the sugar, butter, honey and water. Gently heat till the butter has melted, constantly stirring.
5) Let the mixture cool and then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
6) Add the flour and stir well to mix thoroughly.
7) Into the prepared tin, spoon the mixture. Press the almond halves on top.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
9) Let the cake cool in the tin. Once cool enough, cut it into 12 squares.
10) If you want to freeze the cake squares for future use, flash freeze them till firm, pack in a rigid container (separate each layer with foil or freezer film), seal, label and store in the freezer.
11) To serve the honey brownies without freezing, place them on a decorative serving platter and serve as a dessert or snack. If using frozen brownies, first thaw them at room temperature for about 2 hours and then serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3134 Calories from Fat 1356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g239.3%
Saturated Fat 78.4 g392.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 727.8 mg242.6%
Sodium 2954.6 mg123.1%
Total Carbohydrates 413 g137.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.4%
Sugars 257.2 g
Protein 46 g92.7%
Vitamin A 80.7% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 89.1% Iron 77.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet