|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. In a bowl, add butter, shortening and microwave for a minute
2. Add cocoa, sugar and mix until smooth.
3. Add eggs, vanilla and beat well, add flour, baking powder, salt, nuts and mix well.
4. Into a greased 8x8x2-inch pan, pour the contents of the bowl.
5. In a preheated oven, bake the brownie batter at 225 degrees centigrade for about 30 minutes.
6. While still warm, cut the cooked brownie into even sized squares.
7. Allow to cool.
8. Serve hot or cool.