|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Plain chocolate||4 Ounce, melted|
|Walnuts||4 Ounce, roughly chopped|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (roughly chopped)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, put the sugar, butter and vanilla essence. Beat together till the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, a little bit at a time.
3) Sift together the baking powder, flour and salt. Fold into the creamed mixture.
4) Add the walnuts and melted chocolate and stir well. Add just enough milk to give the mixture a soft dropping consistency.
5) Into a greased 7-inch square cake tin, spoon the mixture.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, till firm to touch.
7) Cut the cake into 9 squares while it is still warm. Allow to cool in the tin.
8) If you wish to freeze the cake slices, wrap them in foil, pack in a freezer bag, seal, label and place in the freezer.
9) To serve the brownies without freezing, remove them carefully from the cake tin, place on a serving platter and serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. If using frozen brownies, first remove the wrapping and then thaw them at room temperature for about 2 hours. Serve the brownies plain or coat them with melted chocolate or chocolate icing, if preferred.