|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), salted|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking chocolate||2 Ounce (unsweetened)|
|Instant coffee||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Water||3 Tablespoon, divided (hot)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon (unsweetened)|
1) Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
2) In a double-boiler add 1/2 cup butter, sugar and chocolate. Stir a few times as butter and chocolate melt.
3) Meanwhile, dissolve 1 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee in 2 tablespoons hot water.
4) Add to butter and chocolate, mixing until smooth.
5) Remove the chocolate mixture from heat and cool until barely warm before whisking in the eggs and vanilla extract.
6) In another bowl, mix the flour and salt together.
7) Whisk into the chocolate mixture until smooth.
8) In a greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan spread the mixture and bake in centre of oven for 25 minutes or until top is just set.
9) Icing: in a bowl, combine the remaining butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder.
10) Mix in remaining instant coffee and vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon hot water, stirring until smooth.
11) Ice the brownies in their pan while still hot.
12) When the brownies cool down, cut into 20 pieces and serve.
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.4 mg20.5%
Sodium 41.1 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 30 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.6% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet