Iced Butterscotch Brownies
|Butter/Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Grease well an 8 x 8 x 1 inch pan.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
3. Take off the heat, and stir in the sugar until blended.
4. Cool to tepid, then blend in egg.
5. Sift together, flour, baking powder and salt, and stir into the blended mixture.
6. Lastly, stir in vanilla and chopped nuts.
7. Spread in the prepared pan, and bake until top leaves just a slight dent when pressed with a finger. This should take 25 to 30 minutes at 350°F. Cut into bars while warm.
8. After cooling, bars may be dredged with sifted confectionerâ€™s' sugar or iced with Browned Butter Satin Icing.