Iced Butterscotch Brownies
|Butter/Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Grease well an 8 x 8 x 1 inch pan.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
3. Take off the heat, and stir in the sugar until blended.
4. Cool to tepid, then blend in egg.
5. Sift together, flour, baking powder and salt, and stir into the blended mixture.
6. Lastly, stir in vanilla and chopped nuts.
7. Spread in the prepared pan, and bake until top leaves just a slight dent when pressed with a finger. This should take 25 to 30 minutes at 350°F. Cut into bars while warm.
8. After cooling, bars may be dredged with sifted confectionerâ€™s' sugar or iced with Browned Butter Satin Icing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1903 Calories from Fat 726
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.4%
Saturated Fat 33.7 g168.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.4 mg110.8%
Sodium 1442.9 mg60.1%
Total Carbohydrates 280 g93.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 202.3 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 33.2% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 47.2% Iron 40.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet