|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bran||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Grease an 8-inch-square pan.
2) In a saucepan, heat butter.
3) Add in the molasses and stir.
4) In a large bowl, add eggs and beat.
5) Add in the sugar and beat till well blended.
6) Stir in the molasses mix.
7) Combine the flour, cocoa, bran, and dates.
8) Stir into the molasses mix till the flour is moistened.
9) Transfer to the square pan.
10) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
12) Cut into 2-inch bars and serve.