Double Chocolate Espresso Brownies
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet baking chocolate||14 Ounce, finely chopped (14 Squares,1 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Espresso coffee/Strongly brewed french roast coffee||14 Cup (224 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate/Milk chocolate||6 Ounce, coarsely chopped (Premium Swiss)|
1. Lightly grease a 13-inch X 9-inch square baking tin with butter or oil.
2. Line the pan with aluminum foil, keeping extra to extend over short sides of pan and tucking overlapping ends under rim. Lightly grease foil with cooking oil or butter and set pan aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 325°F
4. In a basin, sift together the flour, baking soda and powder and salt set aside.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add chopped semisweet chocolate set aside.
6. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, syrup and coffee.
7. Heat over medium low flame, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolved in butter and mixture begins to boil.
8. Take pan off the heat, and pour over chocolate in bowl and let stand 2 minutes until chocolate melts.
9. Use an electric mixer to whisk the mixture until chocolate blends into the mixture to form a thick rich sauce.
10. To this add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
11. Add flour mixture and beat at medium-low speed until well blended.
12. Stir in vanilla and fold in walnuts, and dark chocolate.
13. Turn and spread batter into prepared pan.
14. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center.
15. Remove from oven and cool in pan.
16. Cover tin with overlapping foil and refrigerate for 2 hours until chilled.
17. Carefully invert brownies from pan and peel off foil.
18. Cut into squares, bars or diamonds.
19. Place in foil lined pastry cases and serve or wrap and include in food gift hampers.