Chewy Apple Brownies
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Peeled diced granny smith apple||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans/Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking tin and cut out a piece of aluminum foil to cover the pan.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and sugar and beat with an electric beater until well creamed.
5. Gradually add the eggs and vanilla, beating well after each addition until well blended into the creamed mixture.
6. Add the dry ingredients, in batches and stir well to blend.
7. Fold in the diced apples and nuts.
8. Turn the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
9. Bake for 30 minutes then cover pan with foil and continue baking for another 30 -40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
11. Cut into squares or bars while slightly warm using a sharp pastry knife.
12. Serve warm topped with scoops of ice-cream if you like.