Carob Nut Brownies
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carob powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease a 9-inch square baking tin with baking spray, oil or unsalted butter and dust with flour.
3) In a large, clean glass bowl sifted together flour, baking powder and salt.
4) In another clean, dry and grease free glass bowl, beat the eggs until thick and double in volume.
5) Blend in oil and honey into the egg mixture.
6) Add the liquid mixture to the sifted dry ingredients in the bowl.
7) Use a wooden spoon or plastic spatula to blend ingredients into a smooth batter.
8) Mix carob powder and dry milk and stir into the batter.
9) The brownie mixture should be a little stiff.
10) Pour the mixture into the square greased baking tin and spread to level evenly
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
11) Remove the baking tin from the oven and allow it to cool completely before cutting into 3 inch squares.
12) Store the brownies in an air tight jar.