Death To The Diet Brownies
|Unsweetened chocolate square||4 Ounce|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Coffee liqueur/Brandy/ vanilla||2 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 13-inch x 9-inch baking tin with butter or oil
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Keep aside.
4. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, melt chocolate and butter on a low flame, stirring constantly.
5. When melted, take pan off the flame and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
6. Vigorously stir beaten eggs and coffee liqueur into the warm chocolate.
7. Add flour and sugar to chocolate and to form a smooth batter.
8. Stir in the chocolate pieces and nuts.
9. Turn batter into greased tin and spread evenly.
10. Place tin on the middle level of the preheated oven.
11. Bake for 35 minutes unit it leaves the sides of the tin and a crust forms on top.
12. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes.
13. Invert on a wire rack and cool completely
14. Cut into equal size squares or bars.
15. Tastes best when served chilled
Calories 812 Calories from Fat 446
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.6%
Saturated Fat 26.4 g132.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.2 mg55.4%
Sodium 105.7 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.2%
Sugars 67.6 g
Protein 11 g21.3%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.3% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet