Chocolate Chip Brownies
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce (2 Squares, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Butter an 8-inch-square glass pan.
2. Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Remove from the heat and stir well. (Or you can melt the butter and chocolate in the oven.)
3. In a mixing bowl combine the butter-chocolate with the sugar, flour, nuts, baking powder, and vanilla. Stir well with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the eggs and mix thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not overcook. The brownies should be moist and chewy. Cool thoroughly before cutting into 2-inch squares.