Double Walnut Brownie Squares
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes, No Melt)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Undiluted evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Make early on day:
1. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla until well blended. Now beat in chocolate.
2. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
3. Sift flour with baking powder; beat into sugar mixture alternately with evaporated milk. Stir in 1 cup nuts. Pour into greased 9-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with rest of nuts.
4. Bake 30 minutes, or until cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cover with foil; store at room temperature. When ready to serve, cut into 16 squares.