Double Walnut Brownie Squares
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes, No Melt)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Undiluted evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Make early on day:
1. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla until well blended. Now beat in chocolate.
2. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
3. Sift flour with baking powder; beat into sugar mixture alternately with evaporated milk. Stir in 1 cup nuts. Pour into greased 9-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with rest of nuts.
4. Bake 30 minutes, or until cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cover with foil; store at room temperature. When ready to serve, cut into 16 squares.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2820 Calories from Fat 1319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g239.6%
Saturated Fat 47.5 g237.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 298.5 mg99.5%
Sodium 569.4 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 341 g113.7%
Dietary Fiber 22 g88%
Sugars 213.1 g
Protein 53 g106%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 81.7% Iron 118.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet