Diamond Head Brownies
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce (2 Packages / Squares)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cocoa krispies||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Melt chocolate with 1/2 cup butter over hot, but not boiling, water or over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. Stir sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in vanilla. Add sifted dry ingredients and walnuts, mixing well. Spread evenly in lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
4. Combine 2 tablespoons butter and Cocoa Krispies. Sprinkle over brownie mixture, pressing lightly into the batter.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350° F.) about 30 minutes or until top has a dull crust and a slight imprint remains when lightly touched. Cool 10 minutes and cut into bars.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4261 Calories from Fat 2039
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 240 g369.2%
Saturated Fat 102.9 g514.3%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 729.4 mg243.1%
Sodium 1853.4 mg77.2%
Total Carbohydrates 517 g172.5%
Dietary Fiber 28.1 g112.4%
Sugars 300.9 g
Protein 55 g110.8%
Vitamin A 83.1% Vitamin C 192.4%
Calcium 137.6% Iron 193.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet