1. Combine chocolate and butter or margarine in a small saucepan; melt over low heat, stirring often; cool.
2. Beat eggs in medium-size bowl with electric mixer at high speed; slowly add sugar; beat until fluffy.
3. Add cooled chocolate mixture and beat until well blended; stir in wheat germ and walnuts, then vanilla.
4. Spread batter evenly in a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 35 minutes, or until shiny and firm on top; cool in pan on wire rack.
6. Sprinkle 10X sugar over brownies, to coat evenly. Cut into 16 squares.