|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
– Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
– Butter cookie sheet.
– In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
– Add eggs, one by one, stirring after each addition,
– Mix dry ingredients and add them to the batter, alternating with milk and vanilla extract.
– Spoon mixture onto cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
– Mix 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, 2 cups (500 ml) icing sugar, 2 egg whites, 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract.