Festive Black and Tan Brownies
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Bitter sweet chocolate||8 Ounce, chopped|
|White chocolate||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Egg||4 Medium (at room temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (optional) (Optional)|
|Beer||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Guinness)|
|Peanut butter chips||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for frosting)|
|Ale||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frosting)|
1) Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
2) Grease and flour a 9X13 baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa and salt together; set aside.
4) In a glass or metal bowl over a pot of gently simmer water, melt the butter, bittersweet chocolate and white chocolate, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5) In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar on high speed for 3 minutes.
6) Slowly add the melted chocolate mixture and beat until combined.
7) Stir in the flour mixture and chopped pecans (if using) until just combined. Do not overmix.
8) Stir in the stout to make runny batter.
9) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the edge comes out clean.
10) Allow the brownies to cool completely before frosting.
11) Frosting: in a glass or metal bowl placed over a pot of gently simmering water.
12) Melt the peanut butter chips and ale together, stirring until smooth.
13) Spoon dollops of the frosting onto the cooled brownies and spread evenly overtop, working quickly before the frosting hardens.
14) Cut the cooled brownies into squares and serve.
Calories 1283 Calories from Fat 686
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.5%
Saturated Fat 45.2 g225.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.8 mg70.6%
Sodium 281.3 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 148 g49.2%
Dietary Fiber 23.4 g93.7%
Sugars 85.7 g
Protein 28 g55.1%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 0.77%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 62.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet