Making your own stock is EASY! Use Ham, Turkey or Chicken leftovers to make a delicious stock for future flavorful recipes.
Ham bone in/Turkey/ chicken
1 1⁄2 Pound (holiday leftover)
8 Cup (128 tbs)
1. Cut off all the meat off the bones and store any lean meat for future use.
2. In a large pot, place the bones and fill with water to cover all the bones well.
3. Cover the pot with a lid and on high heat, bring it to boil. Then reduce the heat to low and simmer for around 2 ½ hours or till the meat comes off the bones.
4. Using a spoon remove any fat from the broth and strain it into a large bowl.
5. Use this broth to make delicious recipes like soup, stews or curries or freeze it for later use.
Once the broth is refrigerated, the fat rises to the top forming a layer. It can be removed like a film and discarded before using the broth.