Chicken broth is made from chicken and vegetables. The goal is to keep is as clear as possible. It is used as a base for soups and stews, and is a great addition to mashed potatoes, gravies and stuffing.
8 Cup (128 tbs)
Celery stalk with leaves
1 Small, peeled, halved
1 Small, cut into 4
2 Clove (10 gm), smashed
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. In a pot, put the chicken and cover with water.
3. Bring it to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken and allow cooling down. Discard the water.
5. Once the chicken has cooled, skin it.
6. Rinse it under cold running water and scrub any impurities from the bone.
7. Place the chicken back into the pot and add clean water.
8. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat. Simmer the broth for about an hour.
9. Remove the chicken and set aside to use later in soup, shredded for sandwiches or pasta.
10. Discard the cooked vegetables and strain the broth with a fine mesh strainer. If you want it to be completely clear, cool it down completely and chill it in the fridge.
11. Skim off the top layer of fat.
12. Use this broth for soups, stews, gravies, in mashed potatoes and stuffing. This will freeze for about 2 months.