Clear Chicken Broth
|Chicken thighs||8 Medium|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Celery stalk with leaves||1 Medium|
|Parsley sprigs||6 Medium|
|Carrot||1 Small, peeled, halved|
|White onion||1 Small, cut into 4|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), smashed|
|Bay leaves||3 Medium|
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. In a pot, put the chicken and cover with water.
3. Bring it to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken and allow cooling down. Discard the water.
5. Once the chicken has cooled, skin it.
6. Rinse it under cold running water and scrub any impurities from the bone.
7. Place the chicken back into the pot and add clean water.
8. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat. Simmer the broth for about an hour.
9. Remove the chicken and set aside to use later in soup, shredded for sandwiches or pasta.
10. Discard the cooked vegetables and strain the broth with a fine mesh strainer. If you want it to be completely clear, cool it down completely and chill it in the fridge.
11. Skim off the top layer of fat.
12. Use this broth for soups, stews, gravies, in mashed potatoes and stuffing. This will freeze for about 2 months.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 822 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 501.4 mg167.1%
Sodium 597.2 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 122 g243.7%
Vitamin A 194.2% Vitamin C 45.4%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 48.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet