|Leeks||2 Large, washed and diced|
|Onions||3 Large, diced|
|Shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||2 Large, diced|
|Dry white wine||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Parsley stems||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Black peppercorns||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a large stock pot, with 3 quarts water and wine, add them to the pot.
2) Now add vegetables.
3) On medium heat, bring the broth to a simmer.
4) Skim the surface, add the bay leaves,parsley stems and peppercorns.
5) Cover partially,cook for 4 hours on a gentle simmer.
6) Add more water if necessary to keep the ingredients covered.
7)Strain through a sieve and cool. This broth can be refrigerated til ready to use,for upto 5 days.
8) The broth can be stored in the freezer for upto 1 month.