Chicken Barley Broth
|Onions||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Leeks||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Carrots||2 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Chicken stock cubes||2|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Pint (850 Milliliter)|
|Chicken drumstick||4 Ounce, skin removed (125 Grams)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Barley||1⁄2 Ounce, soaked overnight (15 Grams)|
1. Finely dice carrots, onion and leeks.
2. Into a saucepan of water, crumble stock cube and bring liquid to a boil.
3. Add chicken, diced vegetables and herbs; simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Spoon chicken pieces and remove from saucepan; separate meat from bones and dice finely.
5. Stir in barley and bring broth back to boiling.
6. Return boneless chicken meat back to the saucepan; simmer for another 20 minutes.
7. Let chicken broth cool down and then divide into 4 equal portions.
8. Store in individual containers and freeze until served.
9. Remove required portion from freezer and defrost.
10. In a small saucepan, heat broth until it boils.
11. Serve piping hot chicken broth with garlic bread and salad.