Fresh Vegetable Broth
|Onion||1 Medium, peels left on, studded with 4 whole cloves|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peels left on and lightly bruised|
|Celery ribs||2 , cut into large chunks (With Leaves)|
|Carrots||2 , peels left on and cut into large chunks|
|Leeks||2 , trimmed and cut into large chunks|
|White mushrooms||8 , halved|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, quartered|
|New red potatoes||4 Medium, halved|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
1. Rinse vegetables in water.
2. In a large heavy pot, place all the broth ingredients.
3. Bring it to a boil.
4. Simmer uncovered over low heat for 1 hour.
5. Season to taste.
6. Simmer for another 30 minutes.
7. Strain the broth.
8. Reserve vegetables to thicken soups and stew sauces; if desired.
9. Let the broth cool to room temperature.
10. Transfer the cooled broth to storage container.
11. Cover the container and refrigerate or freeze.
12. Use for making soups and stews.