|Cold water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, quartered|
|Carrots||2 , coarsely chopped|
|Celery ribs||2 , coarsely chopped|
|Leeks||2 , well washed (The White And All The Green, Or Leek Greens Only)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), peeled|
|Parsley sprigs||5 (Stems Only)|
|Whole black peppercorns||8|
|Reduced-sodium soy sauce/Reduced sodium tamari||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large, heavy soup pot, mix all the ingredients.
2. Place over heat and bring slowly to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 1 hour.
4. Cool the broth slightly, then remove chicken parts and solids.
5. Strain with a strainer or a chinois (a cone-shaped strainer), pressing down the vegetables to release all the juices.
6. Throw away the vegetables and spices.
7. Reduce the liquid by boiling to adjust the flavor. Also adjust seasoning if required.
8. Vegetable broth can be served as a soup and is also used as a cooking ingredient in a variety of dishes.
Calories 96 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.42 g0.64%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 114.6 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 91.2% Vitamin C 33%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet