Chicken Broth With Vegetables
|Chicken backs and wings||6 Pound|
|Celery rib with leaves||4|
|Carrots||4 , peels left on and halved|
|Onions||2 Medium, skins left on and halved|
|Parsnips||2 , eels left on and halved|
|Ripe tomato/3 plum tomatoes||1 Large, halved|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), lightly bruised|
|Flat leaf parsley sprigs||8|
|Fresh dill sprigs||4|
|Thyme branch||2 Large (Fresh)|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
1. Wash chicken pieces in water.
2. Discard any excess fat.
3. In a large soup pot, place the chicken and add all the remaining ingredients.
4. Bring the pot to a boil.
5. Cover the pot partially.
6. Simmer gently on medium heat and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours.
7. Carefully skim any foam that rises to the surface.
8. Add seasoning to taste and cook for extra 30 minutes.
9. Remove the pot from the heat.
10. Strain the broth.
11. Strain it again through a fine sieve to get clear broth.
12. Let it cool to room temperature.
13. For immediate use, set broth aside for 15 minutes to allow the fat to rise to the surface.
14. Skim all the fat completely.
15. To store broth for future use, transfer cooled broth to a container.
16. Cover and refrigerate the container.
17. Remove the hardened layer of fat from the top before using.
18. Use the broth within 3 to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.