1) Cut off and discard 1 inch from stem ends of the broccoli rabe.
2) Cook broccoli rabe, uncovered, in 2 batches in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 3 minutes, transferring with a slotted spoon to a large bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking.
3) Drain well in a colander.
4) In a large nonstick skillet placed over medium hear, cook the garlic in oil, stirring occasionally, till the garlic is golden.
5) Add the now cooled broccoli rabe and cook, tossing to coat with oil, till heated through.
6) Toss the broccoli rabe with salt.
7) Serve the sauteed broccoli rabe as while it is still hot. This is a healthy side dish that goes well with almost everything.