Broccoli Cheese Strata
|Buttered bread slices||12|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||10 Ounce, divided (2 1/4 Cups)|
|Frozen broccoli||10 Ounce, thawed and drained (1 Package)|
|Diced cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven at 325°.
2. Using a doughnut cutter, cut out 12 rings and holes from bread.
3. Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
4. Tear bread scraps and put into it.
5. Sprinkle 2 cups cheese, broccoli and chicken on top.
6. Place rings and holes, with buttered sides up.
7. In a small bowl whisk eggs, milk, onion, salt, mustard and pepper. Pour over casserole.
8. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
9. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking.
10. Bake, uncovered for 55-60 minutes.
11. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
12. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
13. Serve warm.