|Broccoli||2 Pound (1 bunch)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Sharp cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated, reserve 1/3 cup for topping|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Liquid from broccoli||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook onion and broccoli separately until just tender and save liquid from broccoli.
3. In a pan melt butter, stir in flour, add milk and 2/3 cup grated cheese and cook.
4. Then add the 1/2 cup broccoli liquid, taste and season.
5. In a casserole, place broccoli and onions pour sauce over and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
6. Bake for about 1/2 hour.
7. Serve hot as a side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2106 Calories from Fat 1121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g209.8%
Saturated Fat 77.9 g389.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 405.6 mg135.2%
Sodium 1929.7 mg80.4%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.7%
Dietary Fiber 28.7 g114.9%
Sugars 36.2 g
Protein 101 g202.2%
Vitamin A 198.5% Vitamin C 1374.1%
Calcium 244.6% Iron 55.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet