Broccoli With Lemon Sauce
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) Trim the broccoli and wash it thoroughly.
2) Split each stalk lengthwise into halves or quarters, depending on size.
3) In a large saucepan, place the broccoli.
4) Add boiling water to almost cover; add 1 teaspoon salt.
5) Coer the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender.
6) Drain the broccoli and keep warm.
7) Meanwhile, in top of double boiler, beat egg yolks with cream and 1/4 teaspoon salt until thickened and light colored.
8) Gradually add lemon juice.
9) Place over hot, not boiling, water; cook, beating constantly with wire whisk, until mixture thickens slightly.
10) Remove double boiler from heat, but leave top over hot water.
11) Add butter, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, beating after each addition until butter is melted.
12) Remove top from hot water.
13) In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form when beater is slowly raised.
14) Fold into yolk mixture.
15) On a heated serving platter, arrange the broccoli.
16) Top with sauce, and, if desired, garnish with lemon slices.
17) Serve hot.