Broccoli and Walnut Saute
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnut||1 Ounce, halved|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Blanched broccoli florets||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) In a 1-cup liquid measure, combine the water, soy sauce, cornstarch, and broth mix.
2) Mix well to dissolve the cornstarch and keep aside.
3) In a 9-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
4) To the hot oil, add the onions, walnuts, and garlic.
5) Over high heat, saute this for a minute, or until the onions turn tender-crisp.
6) To the walnut mixture, add the dissolved cornstarch. Mix well.
7) Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
8) Now, reduce the heat to low.
9) Add broccoli and mix well.
10) Cook the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
11) Serve the Broccoli and Walnut Saute along with stir-fried chicken and hot cooked rice for a complete meal.
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 0.66 g3.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 151.2 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet