Jade Flower Broccoli
|Fresh ginger slices||2 (Nickel-Size Slices, Plus 2 Teaspoons Minced Ginger)|
|Minced ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Broccoli florets||1 Pound (About 1 1/2 Inches In Diameter)|
|Peanut oil||3 Tablespoon|
1) In a large saucepan, pour in 8 cups of water and add the slices of ginger, 2 of the garlic cloves and the baking soda.
2) Place the saucepan over high heat and bring the water to a boil.
3) Put broccoli in boiling water and cook until it turns bright emerald green, about 2 minutes.
4) Drain the broccoli and rinse under cold running water. Drain well and set aside.
5) Mince the remaining garlic clove.
6) Place a wok over high heat to heat up for 45 seconds.
7) Pour in peanut oil and swirl with a metal spatula to coat the sides of the wok.
8) SautÃ© minced ginger and garlic, and season with salt. Cook by stir-frying to make the garlic light brown, about 30 seconds.
9) Add the broccoli and stir-fry until it is crisp-tender, for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
10) In a serving dish, place the broccoli. Allow to cool down at room temperature.
11) Serve the jade flower broccoli by seasoning with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
The broccoli can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Let stand at room temperature for several hours, or cover and refrigerate.