Golden Puffed Broccoli
|Broccoli/2 package of 10 ounce each frozen broccoli spears, cooked, drained||2 Bunch (200 gm), cut into spears, cooked and drained|
|Egg whites||2 (At Room Temperature)|
|Part skim swiss cheese||2 Ounce, shredded (1/2 Cups)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Hellmann'S / Best Foods)|
1. Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until tender crisp or follow the package direction if using frozen broccoli.
2. Drain in a colander and refresh under tap water. Leave to drain.
3. Preheat the broiler.
4. In a 1 Â½ -quart casserole or baking dish, layer the broccoli.
5. Add egg white and salt to a small clean and dry bowl and whisk using electric beater or wire whisk until stiff.
6. Add cheese and mayonnaise and gently fold in without beating.
7. Spoon mixture over the broccoli.
8. Just before serving, place dish under broiler and gratinate for 8 to 10 minutes until heated through and topping has browned in places.
9. Serve immediately straight from the casserole.
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.1 mg10.7%
Sodium 306.9 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 74.3%
Calcium 15% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet