Broccoli Onion Deluxe Casserole
|Fresh broccoli/2 packs of 10 ounce frozen broccoli||1 Pound|
|Onions||3 Medium, quartered|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (1 Small Philadelphia Pack)|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Preheat oven to at 350Â° F.
2. In a pot of boiling salted water, cook broccoli until just tender.
3. Add onions and cook until tender.
4. In a skillet, melt butter and blend in flour.
5. Gradually milk and stir until thickened.
6. Stir in cream cheese.
7. In 1 1/2 -quart casserole, place the vegetables.
8. Pour the sauce all over the vegetables and mix lightly.
9. Top with grated cheddar.
10. Cover and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
11. Sprinkle with topping (2) around edge and bake uncovered for about another 30 minutes.
12. Serve immediately or freeze and reheat before serving.