Steamed Broccoli and Red Peppers
|Broccoli stalks||2 Large|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2|
1. Cut and remove the ends of broccoli stalks.
2. Peel and discard tough skin if any from the main stems.
3. Slice the stems and keep aside the florets separately.
4. Remove and discard seeds from the sweet red pepper half.
5. Cut lengthwise into thin strips.
6. Horizontally cut the strips into two halves.
7. In a steamer or colander over boiling water, place broccoli and red pepper; cover and steam until just crisp-tender.
8. Serve hot with fish.
Calories 15 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.16 g0.25%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.09%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.4 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.7%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 0.88 g1.8%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 96.8%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet