Orecchiette With Broccoli And Fresh And Sun Dried Tomatoes
|Broccoli||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (Or 1 Small)|
|Fresh ripe tomatoes/One 28 ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), oil rinsed off, thinly sliced|
|Chopped basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Preferably Italian)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Orecchiette pasta/Other small pasta||12 Ounce, cooked|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut the broccoli flowerets from the stems.
2. Keep the stems aside for future use.
3. Cut the flowerets into very small pieces to fill 3 cups.
4. In a pot, boil the broccoli in well-salted water, till it is slightly firm and undercooked.
5. Drain the broccoli and dip in cold water.
6. Drain them again and keep aside.
7. In a medium saucepan, mix together tomatoes, scallions, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
8. Add the oil and stir it in.
9. Now add the broccoli.
10. Place the pan on low heat and cook gently.
11. To serve, toss the sauce with hot pasta in the saucepan.
12. Serve in bowls, with Parmesan separately if you want.
Calories 556 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.3%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg9.1%
Sodium 808.5 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 26 g51.1%
Vitamin A 42.1% Vitamin C 76.3%
Calcium 39.6% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet