Braised Escarole And Broccoli Rabe
|Escarole||1 Pound (Fresh, Broad Leaf Variety)|
|Broccoli rabe||1 Pound|
|Light olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Scallions||4 , chopped|
1) Wash escarole and broccoli rabe leaves. Drain excess water and pat dry.
2)Trim base of broccoli rabe stems and discard. Cut the rest of the stems, leaves and tops into 4-inch lengths.
3) In a saute pan, heat oil and stir in butter until melted over low heat.
4) Now add scallions and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes, but do not brown.
5) Mix the escarole and broccoli rabe in the above mixture.
6) Toss to lightly mix while cooking over moderate-high heat until vegetables shrink for about 3 minutes.
7) Add required salt and pepper to taste.
8) Serve hot with lemon wedges.