Braised Escarole And Broccoli Rabe
|Escarole||1 Pound (Fresh, Broad Leaf Variety)|
|Broccoli rabe||1 Pound|
|Light olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Scallions||4 , chopped|
1) Wash escarole and broccoli rabe leaves. Drain excess water and pat dry.
2)Trim base of broccoli rabe stems and discard. Cut the rest of the stems, leaves and tops into 4-inch lengths.
3) In a saute pan, heat oil and stir in butter until melted over low heat.
4) Now add scallions and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes, but do not brown.
5) Mix the escarole and broccoli rabe in the above mixture.
6) Toss to lightly mix while cooking over moderate-high heat until vegetables shrink for about 3 minutes.
7) Add required salt and pepper to taste.
8) Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 166.4 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.4%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 119.1% Vitamin C 65.3%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet