Stir Fried Broccoli
|Broccoli||1 Large (Or 2 Small Bunch)|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Teaspoon, combined with 2 tablespoons cold water|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
1. Break the broccoli into tiny flowerets with stems.
2. Peel the large stalks and cut them diagonally into thin slices about 1 1/2 inches long to make 6 cups of slices and flowerets together.
3. Rinse and drain the stalk slices and flowerets well.
4. Heat a wok or large, heavy skillet until hot and add the oil.
5. When the oil is hot add the broccoli.
6. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes until the broccoli is bright green.
7. Add salt and sugar and toss.
8. Add the water along the side of the pan or wok and cover it.
9. Cook the broccoli over high heat for 2 minutes, stirring once in between.
10. Serve hot.