|Fresh broccoli||2 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Herb butter tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
2) Using a kitchen shears, trim away the tough ends and outer leaves of broccoli head.
3) Using a knife, chop the stems and flowerets into bite sized pieces.
4) In a medium sized saucepan, boil salted water. Add the broccoli and cook for about 10 minutes or until they turn crisply tender. Drain the water and keep hot.
5) In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter or margarine and sauté till soft.
6) Add in flour, salt, and pepper and blend well. Then slowly add in milk and stir. This will take about 1 minute.
7) In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Add in half a cup of hot sauce and stir back into the sauce in pan.
8) Stirring constantly for 3 minutes over medium flame, till it thickens.
9) Take away from heat and stir in mayonnaise or salad dressing and parsley.
10) Take well-greased 5-cup ring mold and fold into drained broccoli.
11) Keep the mold on a shelf in the oven. Add in boiling water into pan to a depth of about an inch.
12) Bake for 30 minutes till it is set.
13) Remove the pan from the hot water and allow the ring to stand for a few minutes.
14) Use a knife to loosen around edge; invert onto serving plate.
15) Put in the herb-butter tomatoes in the middle.