Glazed Broccoli with Almonds
|Fresh broccoli||2 Pound|
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
|Hot water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Wash broccoli properly, chop off th large leaves, and remove tough ends of lower stalks.
2) Separate into spears.
3) Preheat oven.
4) Take a saucepan, and cook broccoli covered in salted boiling water until crisp tender.
5) When cooked, drain broccoli.
6)Take a 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish and arrange broccoli.
7) Dissolive bouillon cube in 3/4 cup water, stir in half-and half and keep aside.
8) Take a saucepand, melt butter, and stir flour for a minute, until smooth.
9) Add in bouillon mixture and cook over medium heat ensuring to stir constantly until the sauce is thickened.
10) Mix in lemon juice, sherry, monosodium glutamate, and pepper.
11) Spread the sauce over cooked broccoli and garnish with cheese and almonds.
12) Bake at 375 degree F for 25-30 minutes.
13) Sprinkle grated cheese and serve.