Jade Green Broccoli
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Broccoli||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
1) Trim off the large leaves and tough ends of lower stalks from broccoli.
2) Cut the tops and slice the stems into 1/4 inch pieces.
3) Take a bowl and combine chicken stock, soy sauce, sugar,and cornstarch.
4) Take a skillet or wok, heat it at 325 degree for 3 minutes.
5) Pour oil in the skillet coating the sides and stir fry garlic and salt.
6) Stir in broccoli tops and slices and fry for 2 minutes.
7) Drizzle sherry, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
8) Add in cornstarch mixture, cook, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
9) Check for seasoning and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1701 Calories from Fat 1475
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 167 g256.7%
Saturated Fat 21.9 g109.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg1.2%
Sodium 3546.2 mg147.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 151.7%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet