Castilian Sauteed Broccoli With Ripe Olives
|Broccoli||2 Pound, parboiled and drained|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ripe olives||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), pitted|
1. Stem the broccoli and cut into 2-inch long pieces.
2. In a sauté pan, heat oil and butter over a medium flame until butter melts.
3. Add the garlic and lightly fry for a few minutes.
4. Tip in broccoli and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes
5. Scatter olives and lightly toss with broccoli
6. Cover the pan and allow broccoli to cook in the steam for 3-4 minutes.
7. Sprinkle salt according to taste and dish out.
8. Serve the broccoli hot while it is crisp.
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 491 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 7 g13.6%
Vitamin A 32.9% Vitamin C 338.3%
Calcium 14% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet