Osaka Skillet Broccoli
|Broccoli head||2 Pound, prepared for cooking (1 Piece)|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, crushed|
|Ginger root||2 , peeled, crushed (1/2 Inch Cubes)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce/Teriyaki sauce||2 Tablespoon (Japanese)|
1. Break broccoli into small equal sized flowerets.
2. In a large skillet, heat the peanut oil for 1 minute until it almost reaches smoking point.
3. Add and sauté the garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
4. Tip in the broccoli florets, water and teriyaki sauce and toss lightly
5. Cover pan and steam the broccoli for 8-10 minutes until tender yet crisp.
6. Serve, spooning the pan juices over the broccoli
Save broccoli stalks for soup
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 500.7 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 339.7%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet