|Broccoli||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Herb butter tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Trim the outer leaves and tough ends from the broccoli; chop stems and flowerets. (You should have about 4 cups.)
2. Cook in a small amount of boiling salted water in a medium-size saucepan 10 minutes, or just until crispy tender; drain well.
3. Saute onion in butter or margarine until soft in a medium-size saucepan. Stir in flour and seasoned salt; cook, stirring constantly, just until bubbly. Stir in milk; continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and bubbles 3 minutes.
4. Beat eggs slightly in a small bowl; stir in a generous 1/2 cup of the hot sauce; quickly stir back into remaining sauce in pan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat 3 minutes, or until mixture thickens again; remove from heat. Stir in mayonnaise or salad dressing and parsley.
5. Fold into the drained broccoli; spoon into a well-greased, 5-cup ring mold, set mold in a baking pan. Place on a shelf in the oven; pour boiling water into pan to a depth of about 1 inch.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 30 minutes, or until set; remove from pan of water. Let ring stand several minutes, and then loosen around edge with a knife; invert onto serving plate. Fill center with Herb-Butter Tomatoes.