Sweet And Sour Broccoli
|Bacon slices||8 , cut into 1 inch strips|
|Minced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar/Light brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Trim the leaves and coarse stem ends from the broccoli, and cut the stems and the florets into bite-size pieces.
2. Bring about 1 inch of lightly salted water to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the broccoli and cook, covered, for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
3. Meanwhile, place the bacon into a 6-inch skillet and cook over moderately high heat for 5 minutes, or just until crisp and brown. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper toweling.
4. Pour out all but 1/4 cup of the bacon drippings. Add the green onions to the skillet and cook, uncovered, over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until they are golden. Add the sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper to the green onions, and heat the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Just before serving, crumble the bacon over the broccoli. Add the dressing and toss.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 455 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.8 mg4.6%
Sodium 1046.5 mg43.6%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 24.4 g97.7%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 30 g59.6%
Vitamin A 118.1% Vitamin C 1356.8%
Calcium 45% Iron 40.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet